Overview – District Manager and Service Manager Positions
Smart Care Equipment Solutions is the trusted service leader in the commercial food equipment industry. Nationwide, thousands of restaurants, hotels, hospitals and schools rely on Smart Care to provide preventative maintenance, service and repair of commercial refrigeration, cooking and warewashing equipment.
The leader in the market is responsible for providing market leadership by hiring, managing and developing associates to maximize productivity, billing utilization, profitability and customer service delivery. This position plays the lead role in driving customer relationships and delivering local market achievement against Smart Care’s financial objectives through ethical and sound business practices.
Field leadership develops and implements solutions designed to enable Smart Care to scale to its growth ambition.
The role focuses on two main areas:
- Technician Retention: The primary focus is leadership of the group of technicians (up to 20) and dispatchers to execute great service and communication to customers. The ability to build a team environment and being present with technicians and to recruit and retain technicians locally. Performance metrics will be linked to customers (response time, days to close calls, etc.), business-facing outcomes (technician productivity, utilization, etc.) and specifically retaining technicians.
- Customer Retention: Visit key customers on a regular defined basis and execute on new customer launches and visiting customers at risk to ensure customer retention is aligned to Smart Care goals.
Our coverage area includes 32 major metropolitan areas across the US!
- Full responsibility for profit and loss (P&L) management
- Improved customer and technician retention
- Achieve targeted sales, productivity, utilization and EBITDA goals
- Grow and retain market share through management and delivery of premier customer service through daily management
- Significant face-to-face time with customers; building relationships and driving customer retention
- Ensure adherence to company policies, procedures and objectives within the district
- Oversee development, retention and engagement within the market
- Utilize local sourcing and recruiting to identify candidates for future technician openings while partnering with talent acquisition specialist to hire top talent
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience
- Eight (8) years of managerial/supervisory experience with five or more in a service related industry
- Two (2) years of P&L ownership and responsibility
- Three years of customer relationship development and management experience
- Previous P&L accountability (minimum $3 million responsibility)
- Track record of success leading team of 15+
- Thorough understanding of call to cash process (i.e. sales, customer care, dispatch, service, supply chain, billing, etc.)
- Key skills include: Team player and contributor, proven ability to cultivate highly productive, collaborative relationships with internal sales teams, cross functional stakeholders, and channel partners, clear and direct communication style; Comfortable receiving and giving feedback up, down and across the organization; Drives accountability of safety policies related to driving and on-site work
- Must be able to travel 50-75% (most travel is local)
- Previous experience in foodservice or equipment repair industry
- Willingness to travel within the market spending significant time with current and potential customers
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record
- Previous experience managing a decentralized service workforce
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including sales ability
- Demonstrated experience developing strategic growth and service initiatives
- Multi-unit restaurant management or technical field operations management experience
- Experience developing and implementing service app and dispatch systems
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated selection, hiring and team development skills
- MS Office and SAP skills
Required qualifications may vary in positions posted
Search open positions or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!