Commercial ice machines are essential for keeping drinks and guests cool. An ice machine that is not working properly could impact your food inspection score and leave a negative impression on your business.
With over 600 experienced technicians, Smart Care Equipment Solutions provides commercial kitchen equipment repair services along with installation, maintenance, warranty services, and disposal. Safety is the number one priority while ensuring your ice machine is running at optimal performance.
Food Industries We Service
Regardless of what type of industry you serve, you need your ice maker and refrigeration equipment running at peak performance. We provide commercial ice machine repair and refrigeration services for many types of foodservice industries:
- Restaurants and Bars
- Healthcare Facilities
- School and University Cafeterias
- Convenience Stores and Food Markets
- Catering Facilities
- Corporate Cafeterias
- Military Bases
- Recreation and Entertainment Venues
- Any business using commercial ice machines
Types of Commercial Ice Machine Brands We Service:
- Hoshizaki American, Inc.
- Follett Refrigeration
- Kold-Draft Refrigeration
- Itv Ice Makers
- Servend Ice & Beverage
- Franke Foodservice Systems
- The Henry Vogt Machine Co.
Keep your Ice Machine Performing at Top Capacity with Planned Maintenance
To ensure your commercial ice machine, or any type of ice maker or refrigeration equipment is running smoothly, you need to ensure it is serviced with proper regular maintenance by trained, service technicians.
Smart Care Equipment Solutions Planned Maintenance is your SMART choice.
Benefits of Ice Machine Planned Maintenance (PM) Services:
- Ensures accurate temperature exchange
- Decreases run times
- Improves unit efficiency and energy savings
- Eliminates the presence of mold or bacteria in the unit
- Improves ice quality
- Ice cubes last longer
- Ice volume size is greater requiring fewer cubes to fill a glass
- Prevents unit failure resulting from scale or mineral build-up
- Helps ensure positive health inspection ratings
Examples of PM Checks for an Ice Maker:
- Electrical checks: loose or cracked wires. Inspect for signs of arcing; amp and voltage calibration
- Evaporator checks: clean and sanitize, rinse components, flush with fresh water after the cycle is complete
- Condenser checks: proper operation, free of debris and clean as needed
- Hoses, tubing, and bin checks: inspect for mold, remove and sanitize
- Water filter check: replace if needed
Commonly reported problems with ice machines are limited ice production. Before calling for a service technician, there are a few troubleshooting basics you can perform.
Cleaning & Maintenance Recommendations
Review ice machine cleaning recommendations here or read our blog How Often Does a Commercial Ice Machine Need to be Cleaned?
Ice Maker Troubleshooting Basics:
- Slow or low ice production?
- Is water flow or pressure into the machine low?
- Is the temperature of incoming water above 50 degrees?
- Is the water filter dated within the last year?
- Is there adequate space between the unit and surrounding equipment for air flow?
We understand that low or no ice production can feel like an emergency. When your ice maker or other refrigeration equipment is not functioning correctly, we know you need solutions fast; we are here to help.